Diablo buns 😈 is a quick and easy bun to make.
They taste great and are perfect for having in the freezer.
They need to be baked at pretty high heat and preferable on a pizza steel1
(Gives a crisp outer and a fluffy inner).
If you doesn’t have a pizza steel take a baking tray and put it up side down in the oven and let it heat up with the oven. (This will help a little, but the heat will soon be used up compared to a real pizza steel).
|500 g||100.00||Wheat flour|
|125 g||25.00||Flour of your choice2|
|2 g||0.40||Dry yeast|
- Mix all the dry ingredient’s well and then add the water.
- Mix the dough until all flour is wet and cover the bowl with a clean cloth and let it sit at living room temperature for 8 to 12 hours. If you want to develop the dough longer put the bowl in the fridge (Overnight is perfect). Be sure to take out the bowl while the oven heats up (At least).
- Turn on the oven at 250-275 °C.
- Transfer the dough to a flour covered table. Add a bit of flour on top (NOT TO MUCH). Cut up the dough in 9-12 buns and put them on a pice of baking paper (Use a pizza spade for easy transfer to the oven).
- When the oven have heated up for at least 45 min. transfer the dough to the oven.
- Put a wet cloth in the bottom of the oven for the first 5 min. (Or ice cubes in a tray) for adding steam while the buns rises. This help to prolong the rise and gives a nice crunchy outer.
- Bake the buns for 10-12 min. Knocking on the bottom of one will tell you if its ready (Should sound hollow).
- Enjoy the buns after they have cooled down just a little on a bread cooling rack.
Thats it! Super easy buns.